Instructional Design Specialist
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Messer Construction Co. is a regional construction manager, general contractor and design-builder with an 80 year track record of proven success. We are an employee owned company with offices in nine locations in the United States. Our long-term, sustainable success lies in the quality of our construction professionals. We believe in growth-from-within and invest in career planning & development to lead construction innovation within the industry.
We are currently seeking an experienced Learning and Development Specialist that is a self-starter with strong organization and time management skills to join our Professional Development team. A successful candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Identify programs based on needs and create yearly training plan / goals
Conduct train-the-trainer programs
Identify and evaluate external programs by working with vendors and universities (ex. Dale Carnegie, Xavier University, etc.)
- Facilitate courses, roundtables and/or webinars on topics such as Goal Setting, Intro to Performance Management, Coaching, Sales, etc.
- Facilitate strategic team meetings and teambuilding events for departments and jobsites
- Creating, designing, and/or managing On-line Training
- Designs and develops instructional material for employee training courses
- Demonstrates and utilizes effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills
- Web-Based Course Development experience
- Instructional Technology/ LMS experience
- Able to utilize multimedia technology and authoring tools
- Supports the on-line learning environment
Internal Performance Consulting
- Coach employees on the career planning process (how to set goals, action plans, etc.)
- Maintain / update career planning tools
- Help identify learning/coaching opportunities for individuals
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at http://www.messer.com/careers.
Bachelor's degree in Education, Organizational Development or equivalent. Significant course work in education, adult learning, human resources, organizational development, behavioral science, or a related field.
Must have an understanding of how to create web-based training programs.
Experience with Lominger Competencies, StrengthsFinder, 360 Profiles, DiSC Behavioral Assessment and Social Media Learning Tools a plus.
At least 5 years of professional level training and development experience, including developing, conducting, monitoring, and analyzing broad range of training and development programs.
Ability to travel to our regional offices as necessary.
Inquiries are held and managed in the strictest confidence. We respect and honor your need for private and confidential communications when searching for a new position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Please No Agency or Recruiter Calls
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.