Building Information Modeler/ VDC
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Messer Construction Co. is a commercial construction manager, general contractor and design-builder with an 80-year track record of proven success. We are an employee owned company with offices in nine locations: Charlotte, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton, Ohio; Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. We are a company of builders, with more than 800 construction leaders and innovators.
We are currently seeking a Virtual Construction Modeler for our Cincinnati, Ohio corporate office. This position will be responsible for supporting our overall vision for Virtual Design and Construction/Building Information Management and our goal of providing powerful technology tools and processes, enabling project leaders to make good and timely decisions. In turn, this will enable project leaders to exceed their customer's expectations.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop, integrate, coordinate, and manage digital Models for design, construction, and field use during construction.
- Produce and maintain 3D models throughout the life of a project.
- Coordinate with project team members to assist in the management of shop drawing/model production.
- Map 3D models to the building schedule for simulation.
- Review 3D models produced by architects and/or engineers and evaluate conformance to schematic design, design development or construction document requirements.
- Coordinate and prepare models with Cost Planning and Estimating for quantity extraction to enable Model Based Cost Planning.
- Help refine and manage our BIM application capabilities, training programs, and provide training support to our operations staff leveraging Virtual Design and Construction applications.
- Coordinate and prepare models with field engineers to export layout points for use with field survey equipment.
- Coordinate and prepare point cloud data to work with design and construction model progression.
- Research, develop and implement a documented best practice process for the use of supporting new Virtual Construction technologies as part of the delivery of construction services.
- Act as a resource to prime subcontractors utilizing Virtual Design and Construction to coordinate MEP and structural trades, including technical information and process support.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction majors.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Virtual Design and Construction. Experience to include working in commercial construction, or a related field with projects that have increased in complexity demonstrating the advancement of the individual's skills and knowledge.
- Experienced in the production of design documents and design detail drawing.
- Experience in producing 3D models and 2D construction documentation.
- Experience with the following Messer BIM applications is a plus:
- Autodesk Revit Architecture
- Autodesk Revit MEP
- Autodesk Revit Structure
- Autodesk AutoCAD MEP
- Autodesk 3DS Max
- Autodesk Navisworks Manage and Simulate
- Tekla Structures Engineering
- Tekla Structures Construction Management
- Tekla Structures Cast-in-Place
- Trimble Sketchup
- Vico Office and Control
- Experience with one or more of the following other BIM software applications acceptable:
- Bentley Microstation
- Synchro 4D
- Solibri Model Checker
- Autodesk Inventor
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe Flash, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop
- Leica Cyclone
- Faro Scene
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build trust-based, collaborative relationships in a diverse setting.
- Must have strong organizational, planning, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Must be a motivated self-starter and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work overtime and travel to Messer regions as needed.
If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career with unlimited growth potential, submit your resume today. Inquiries are held and managed in the strictest confidence. We respect and honor your need for private and confidential communications when searching for a new position. To apply please submit your resume with salary expectations to http://www.messer.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please No Agency Calls
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.