Environmental Health & Safety Manager (Cin)
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Messer Construction Co. is a regional construction manager, general contractor and design-builder with an 80 year track record of proven success. Messer Construction is an employee-owned company with offices in nine locations: Charlotte, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton Ohio; Louisville and Lexington Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. We are a company with more than 800 industry leaders and innovators. Our long-term, sustainable success lies in the quality of our professionals. We believe in growth-from-within, and invest in career planning and development to lead innovative thinking within the company and the industry.
We are currently seeking an experienced, self-starter, goal oriented, candidate to fill the role of Environmental, Health and Safety Manager working in our Cincinnati Region. This position is part of the Messer Environmental, Health and Safety Department, and supports the Messer projects and personnel with safety inspections, project planning, employee training, and other safety and health services. This individual must possess a high level or organization and time management skills. He or she must be able to effectively communicate with various audiences as well as people at different levels within the organization. This individual reports directly to the Senior EH&S Manager and Regional Leader. Other areas of focus would include engaging in out-reach programs within our community that support our goal to be inclusive and our desire to improve the communities in which we live and work.
You will accomplish this by:
Working with Project Management teams on job site safety planning, including but not limited to the following:
- Pre-construction safety meetings
- Contractor safety orientations
- Weekly site safety inspections
- Involvement in OSHA inspections and related follow-up
- Accident/incident investigation
- Research on safety topics
- Lead regional safety committees and have some involvement in project safety committees
Development and implementation of safety programs:
- Training programs focusing on the specific needs of a project
- General safety training for Messer employees
- Safety training programs designed for Owners, Engineers, Architects, etc.
- Development of safety toolbox talks
- Development of written safety programs, guidelines, policies, etc.
Administrative functions including but not limited to:
|Qualifications:||For consideration, candidates must possess the following: |
- Bachelors Degree in Environmental, Health and Safety or related field
- Minimum 3 years experience in construction safety
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS-Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Construction Healthcare experience a plus
If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career with unlimited growth potential complete our application at: www.messer.com/careers
Inquiries are held and managed in the strictest confidence. We respect and honor your need for private and confidential communications when searching for a new position.
We are an equal opportunity employer - Please No Agency or Recruiter Calls
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.