Payroll & Benefits Specialist
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Benefits & Payroll|
|Description:||Messer Construction Co. is a regional construction manager, general contractor and design-builder with an 80 year track record of proven success. Messer Construction is an employee owned company with offices in nine locations: Charlotte, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton Ohio; Louisville and Lexington Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. We believe in growth-from-within, and invest in career planning & development to lead construction innovation within the industry.|
We are currently seeking an experienced, creative, goal oriented, successful payroll and benefits professional to fill the role of Payroll & Benefits Specialist in our corporate office. As a Benefits Specialist, your objective will be to provide direct support to the Director of Employee Benefits and Compensation and to other departmental employees as assigned. This position requires the demonstrated ability to handle, update and maintain sensitive information in a confidential, timely and professional manner.
You will accomplish this by:
· Assisting with employee benefit programs such as retirement, medical, life insurance, disability, dental, accidental death, etc.
· Preparing weekly, monthly and annual reports such as payroll reconciliations, month end reporting, salary history worksheets, and company vehicle spreadsheets.
· Preparing and distribution of Employee Compensation Statements.
· Ensures Benefit and Payroll records/filing are maintained in accordance with state and federal requirements.
· Serve as a back-up for various duties.
· Assisting as required during Annual Open enrollment.
· Assisting Accounting with annual benefit audits and distributing Summary Annual Reports and other benefit compliance documents as requested.
· Provide excellent customer service, including processing employee requests, employment verification and wage requests.
· Preparing and processing Unemployment Questionnaires, EEO reporting, child support, garnishments and tax levies.
For consideration, candidates must possess the following:
· Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline
· 2-3 years of experience in benefits and payroll.
· Proven ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and handle, update, and maintain sensitive information in a confidential, timely and professional manner.
· Experience administering self-insured benefit plans, defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans and payroll functions.
· High level of accuracy and advanced attention to detail.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office product - Excel.
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products - Word, and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of FMLA, HIPAA, COBRA, PPACA and other benefits-related regulations is preferred.
If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career with unlimited growth potential e-mail your resume today. Inquiries are held and managed in the strictest confidence. We respect and honor your need for private and confidential communications when searching for a new position.
Please apply to this position by visiting our webpage at www.messer.com/careersWe are an equal opportunity employer - Please No Agency or Recruiter Calls
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.